Choose the correct option :
1) Statements that are true about the Planning
a) Planning Commission was established in 1950.
b) The Prime Minister is the Ex-Officio Chairman of Planning Commission.
c) Economic planning is a time bound programme.
d) Economic planning is based on predetermined objectives.
Options : 1) a and b 2) a, b, c and d 3) a and c 4) None of these
Ans:- 2) a, b, c and d
2) Statements that are incorrect regarding India’s
five year plans :
a) The main objective of first five year plan was development of agriculture.
b) Social welfare and poverty eradication were the
prime objectives of the seventh five year plan.
c) By the second five year plan, focus increased on faster, inclusive growth.
d) Development of both agriculture and industry
were the main objectives of the third five
Options : 1) a 2) a, b and d
3) c 4) b and d
Ans:- 3) c
3) Identify the correct of pairs from the given
1) Economic a) Selection by Planning Prime Minister
2) Twelfth Five b) Think Tank group Year Plan of Indian Government
3) NITI Aayog c) Fast and sustainable growth
4) NITI Aayog d) Time bound programme Vice-Chairperson
Options : 1) 1-c, 2-a, 3-d, 4-b 2) 1-d, 2-b, 3-a, 4-c 3) 1-d, 2-c, 3-b, 4-a 4) 1-b, 2-d, 3-c, 4-a
Ans:- ) 1-d, 2-c, 3-b, 4-a
4) Choose the correct statement :
Statement 1 – NITI Aayog takes note of dynamic change in the Indian economy.
Statement 2 – Considering the economic, social and technological differences in underdeveloped districts, the body plans to implement various
programmes and bring about economic changes.
Options : a) statement 1 is correct
b) statement 2 is correct
c) statement 2 is the result of statement 1
d) there is no relation between statement 1 and
Ans:- c) statement 2 is the result of statement 1