Read the following passage and answer the questions given below :
Government of India has launched an ambitious
programme of ‘Bharatnet’ for rural India by keeping in
mind today’s modern era. More than one lakh rural
(Grampanchayat) areas have been connected under
Bharatnet high speed broadbrand scheme. Maharashtra
has become the best performing state. East Uttar Pradesh,
Chattisgarh, Rajasthan and Jharkhand have also been
placed among the best performing states in the first phase
of Bharatnet broad band connection scheme.
1) Why did the Government of India launch the
2) How many Grampanchayats have received the
3) Which states have been placed as the best
performing states in the first phase of Bharatnet?
4) ‘Internet has brought the world closer’ – Express
your views on it.
1) The government of India launched the Bharatnet project to provide internet facilities to rural regions of India.
2) More than one lakh Gram panchayats have received the internet service.
3) Maharashtra as well as Uttar Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Rajasthan and Jharkhand have been placed as the best performing states in the first phase of Bharatnet.
4) The Internet has played an important role in the exchange of information between people all over the world. It has helped in the development of business, the exchange of thoughts, sharing culture, etc. Thus, internet has brought the world closer.