Answer in one sentence.
1) When do we observe a National Consumer’s Day?
Ans : 24th December is observed as ‘National Consumer Day
2) Who is the consumer?
Ans : A Consumer means any person who buys any goods, hires any service or services for a consideration which has been paid or promised or partly paid or partly promised or under any system of deferred payments.
3) What information one should check before buying a product?
Ans : Adequate information about all aspects of goods and services like price, name of the manufacturer, contents used, batch number if any, date of manufacture and expiry date, user manual and safety instruction, etc. Should be checked before buying a product.
4) Which forum is set up at the national level for redressal for consumer complaints?
Ans : National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission is the forum set up at the national level for redressal of consumer complaints.
5) Who shall be appointed as president of National Commission?
Ans : A person, who is or has been a Judge of the Supreme Court, shall be appointed by the Central Government as the president of the National Commission in consultation with Chief Justice of India.
6) When do we observe World Consumer’s Rights Day?
Ans : 15th March 1962 is observed as World Consumer’s Right Day.